- Location: the law library is located on the ground floor of the building of the Faculty of Law. You can find it in the map of the University. In addition, to orientate yourself within the library you can consult the following map
- Currently and while the situation caused by the Covid-19 pandemic lasts, the hours will be from Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., with a possible closure from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. for cleaning and disinfection of rooms.
- During the month of August and the holidays of Easter and Christmas, the Law Library will be closed.
- Departmental libraries for Civil law , Labour Law and Social Security and Tax Law and Economics give service all day. Please check schedule.
- Collections : In this library you will find the necessary resources to cover the different specialties taught at the Faculty of law and that make up his bibliographical collection, with more than 100,000 books, journals in paper specialised, special materials and access to all the electronic resources of the university library.You will also have to your disposal all the collections of the Centre of European Documentation (CDE), integrated by numerous monographs and skilled publications on the EU.
- Distribution of the collections :
Ground floor (see map ). You can find BOOKS and MONOGRAPHS, located by call number, which consists of:
- A locator
|DE||The books are placed in the reading room|
|DE R||They are works of REFERENCE, only to read in the library|
|DE RS||They are RESERVE books, which are found in closed shelving (ask for access to the loan desk staff)|
|DE D||These documents can be found in the law library DEPOSIT|
|DE TL||Collection donated by the editorial Tirant lo Blanc|
|DE CAT||Professor Carlos Alba Tercedor donation|
|DE CE||They are the books of the bottom of the CDE, and locate around the stairs|
These are the books that are provided in the libraries of the aforementioned departments.
- A number of the CDU or Universal Decimal Classification, which amounts to a matter ( the map of the Library will show the location of the books based on different subjects )
- Three capital letters, that generally correspond to the first three letters of the surname of the author.
- And three lowercase letters corresponding to the first three letters of the title.
Example: DE 347.7 / BRO / man
|DE||Law Library||The document is located in the reading room|
|347.7||Subject: Commercial Law||UDC (Universal Decimal Classification)|
|BRO||Broseta Pont, Manuel||First three letters of the author's last name (in capital letters)|
|man||Manual de Derecho Mercantil||Three first letters of the title of the work (lowercase)|
First floor . You can find the PERIODICALS or JOURNALS, you can find in alphabetical order of their title.
Remember that journals are excluded from loan. However, you can make a copy of the article you need in the self-service photocopiers installed on the ground floor of the library.
- The law library in figures:
|Laptors use only in the library||7|