Databases changes in 2009 University Library
Ir a contenido
Ir a Estudios, Gobernanza y organización
Databases changes in 2009
Cinahl and Sport Discus: These databases will be available from Ebsco-Host platform.
During the month of December, acess to both the new platform and the previous one is allowed. Access to both databases is possible simultaneously or separately. Also, access to the electronic journals subscribed to by the University through Ebsco distributor is possible. Within the interface, further information can be found on the content and structure of each database, as well as help for using the software.
ABI INFORM, Criminal Justice periodicals, ProQuest Dissertation and Tesis and Safari Economics Books go to ProQuest Centre , with the following improvements:
- The upgrade of ABI/INFORM Global to ABI/Inform Complete, with around 1,000 full-text additional publications, as well as market reports, detailed by countries, companies reports and grey literature - preprints - on social sciences.
- Centralized full-text access to all previous databases with ProQuest Dissertation & Theses
- It also offers:
- ProQuest European Business: 180 titles. on economics and business developed in Europe.
- ProQuest Health & Medical Complete: titles - 1,500 titles. - 1,100 full-text titles - on medicine and health sciences.
- Pharmaceutical news Index: bibliographical database indexing around 22 publications on the pharmaceutical health, biotechnology and cosmetics sectors.
- ProQuest Science Journals: 720 titles. - 540 full-text titles - on science & technology.
- ProQuest education. Journals: 780 titles on education.
- ProQuest Telecommunications: 140 titles on telecommunications.
- ProQuest Conmputing: 400 titles on computing, systems, software development, electronic business, services online, etc.
- ProQuest Career & Technical education: 580 titles. - 460 full-text titles - sobre guidance and vocational training.
- ProQuest Social Science Journals: 550 titles - 350 full-text titles - on social sciences.
- ProQuest Religion: 145 - 120 full-text titles - on religion and theology
- Canadian Business & Current Affairs Complete (CBCA): 1,600 titles - 540 full-text titles - on present and political aspects, economy, science, art and academic information produced in Canada.
- Canadian Newsstand Complete: 110 Canadian newspapers - 100 full-text titles.
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source: 800 titles - 650 full-text titles - on nursing and related sciences, such as work therapy, physiotherapy, odontology, etc. It also includes access to documents on nursing based on evidence The Joanna Briggs Institute, and recommended bibliographies for students.
- ProQuest Newsstand: More than 400 international full-text newspapers, including The Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, The Chicago Tribune, The Globe & Mail and The Daily Telegraph.
- ProQuest Military: 540 titles - 385 full-text titles - on military, political sciences, defense, aeronautics, criminology and international relations.
- ProQuest Psychology Journals: 650 titles - 540 full-text titles - on psychology and psychiatrics.