Library services during the suspension of classroom activity at the University University Library
Ir a contenido
Ir a Estudios, Gobernanza y organización
Library services during the suspension of classroom activity at the University
During the suspension of academic activity at the University, due to the coronavirus outbreak, the Library will be closed to the public. To alleviate this situation, we can offer you different online services.
Loan and return services of bibliographic material
Loan and return services of books and other materials in all the libraries of the University of Alicante for students, PDI (Teaching and Research Staff) and PAS (Administration and Services Staff).
The Polytechnic and Health Sciences Library located in the General Library Building will be used as the only study room, only for the University Community: students, PAS (Administration and Services Staff) and PDI (Teaching and Research Staff).
Access to electronic resources from home
The BUA has an important collection of electronic resources . To access from home, follow the instruccions on the website .
We recommend you the RedUA access, which is a connection to a Virtual PC. Once connected, it shows you the UA website; look here for the BUA website and you will be able to browse all its services.
In addition, academics and administrative staff can use the VPN option. You will need to download a file from UACloud - Other services - Internet.
On the BUA website you will find a wide range of training courses and self-learning materials freely accessible:
- Self-learning : we recommend you to consult the sections How to search in ... and E-Resource s, that will help you to carry out searches in the different electronic resources.
- Selection of information resources and support materials for doctoral programs , adapted to different disciplines, that facilitate the development of research and professional activity.
- Support materials, information resources and support tools to prepare the final degree projects , adapted to the different degrees offered by the University of Alicante.
- Support materials to make citations and bibliographic references .
- CID (Digital Information Skills) :courses carried out during this academic year to support undergraduate students to carry out academic work or to search any information they can need to complement their subjects content.
- Access to the bibliographic reference managers Refworks and Mendeley .
- Access to the YouTube channel of the BUA with tutorials and recommendations for the use of electronic resources of the library.
Information and reference service
Through the contact emails of each center library and PuntBiu.
The interlibrary loan service will continue only with those libraries that have assured us that they can attend our requests by teleworking.
The University of Alicante Repository continues providing regular service.
PDI and PAS (academic and administrative staff) they are able to self-archive any type of material. They can also send it by email to email@example.com if the prefer this to be done by the repository administrators.
Support to researchers
The Library, through thr e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , still provides advisory service in these cases:
- the search for quality signs recquired to apply for the accreditation.
- the preparation of reports to choose the most suitable magazines to publish.
Publishers offers (acces to the resourses as UA users)
Different publishers and e-book portals are offering us full or partial access to their funds. You have to use one of the access from home (RedUA and VPN) provided by the UA.
- Access to downloads of UNE Standards from AENOR.
- Free access to a number of Wiley 's resources.
- Taylor & Francis Free Access Resources.
- Free access to Textbook on ScienceDirect for 3 months.
- Remote access to American Mathematical Society for 90 days.
- Proquest provides access to the Spanish Libguide in which users can find the following resources:
- Open webinars on Academic Complete, Proquest One Academic, Proquest Central ...
- Special Resources COVID-19
- AAAS offers the opportunity to students and faculty to join the community of scientists, in order to continue researching on COVID-19 and that the content of everything published is freely available. Link to join this community .
- The AAPT (American Association of Physics Teachers) offers free access to the following articles .
- Free access to Odilo Business School.
- The OCDE makes unlimited free access to all iLibrary subscription content available to users until December 31, 2020.
Free general electronic resources
We will concentrate in this section all those free e-resources interesting for the university community:
- World Digital Library
- JSTOR makes some of its materials accessible to the public during the coronavirus crisis: 6,000 e-books and more than 150 journals.
- Access to POWER
- The Ebscohost platform makes available to you, completely free of chargee, some resources related to COVID-19.
- Free access to GALE resources
- CNKI (China National Knowledge Infrastructure) platform in Open Access with all the literature related to the coronavirus COVID-19.
- Mary Ann Liebert makes available to the UA University Community a series of open access electronic resources on the Coronavirus. To access click here.
- Thomson Reuters offers the possibility of downloading a dossier in which you can find all the complementary measures in the workplace, to mitigate the effects of COVID-19.
- Project Muse temporarily makes available for free a collection of magazines (approx. 240 titles) and electronic books (approx. 16,000 titles). All these titles are integrated in our library finder .
- McGraw Hill makes available to the University Community “ Access Medicine COVID-19 Central ”, a source of weekly updated developments and analyzes in clinical medicine, public health and industry, aimed at health professionals, apprentices, students and librarians. You will have daily contributions and resources from your entire community of specialized authors and professionals, such as Dr. Anthony Fauci, lead spokesperson for the US government. at COVID-19.
- Microbiology Society offers temporary free access to all of its content.
- SIAM (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics) offers the following free access resources:
- CIPD offers free access to the following resources related to COVID-19.
- Springer Nature offers, until the end of July, free access to more than 500 textbooks . It also facilitates access to the following resources:
- Editorial Médica Panamericana has opened the digital content of all its titles during the State of Alarm from the Eureka Platform of Health Sciences. It includes the areas of medicine, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, etc. To access you only need to register.
- ALA offers free access to its resources after registering and requesting acces to RDA ToolKit .For more information see this news .If you have any questions, please write to email@example.com
- Emerald Publishing has put together a series of research resources related to Coronavirus and epidemics in general.
- Collaboration of professionals from health science libraries in Spain in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Consorcio ICOLC makes 63 scientific journals available to the university community free of charge for the last year until activities at the University are resumed.
- Free access to eLibrary.ru .
- Project Muse offers the university community free access to books, magazine issues and articles related to Pandemics.
- The University of Chicago Press makes electronic access to journal articles, book chapters on COVID-19 available to the University Community.
- Escuela Infantil has decided to open all the contents of the web since April. You can also receive digital newsletters by email for free .
- Portland Press, publisher of the Biochemical Society, allows free access to its seven journals on molecular biosciences during the current situation caused by Covid-19.
- Free access Official Resource Center of Elsevier Covid-19 .
- IEEE Xplore offers free access to resources related to COVID-19 research.
- OpenEdition Books is an e-book platform on social sciences and humanities mainly in the French language. More than half of them are freely accessible.
- Access to the download of the digital edition of the special issue of spring de Ritmo de May-Junie (double number) (PDF weighing +/- 26 Megas) to support musical life within the #CuidateEnCasa campaign.
- Edinburgh University Press (EUP) has published free online issues of " Medieval Studies " and " Shakespeare " until the end of 2020.
- ProQuest makes available to the entire community a search engine that allows users to search, find and preview more than 900 million documents, being able to retrieve, without the need for authentication, the full Open Access text selected by ProQuest. Access to the search engine
Free online training
- Free E-Learning Course. Thomson Reuters offers you this e-learning course, which will allow you to know and correctly interpret all the policies that have recently been published with extraordinary character.
- MOOC ILO (Information Literacy Online) of the project "Information Literacy Online: An Erasmus + Project to improve students’ free available :
- LEARN: access to the summary of the different course editions (German, Catalan, Croatian, Slovenian, Spanish and English).
- RE-USE :GitLab is accessible with the original materials.
- ABOUT: you can see the project file and its evaluation.
- Free presentations of ACI (American Concrete Institution) and other events in the concrete industry.
- The Clinical Key Student Nursing platform offers the nscription and access to its training agenda . Here you have the teachers usersguide , the students usersguide and the access to ClinicalKey Student .
- OVID offers access for two months to students and health professionals to different training tools to prepare exams, to help in the manage of research databases, etc.
- Constant updating webinar calendar with compilation of InfoPLC training proposals for Industry professionals in four areas:
- Resources to work in the COVID-19 era and understand its future impact.
- Industrial technology training.
- IT training for the OT world.
- Resources for business management.
- Springer Nature webinars to learn how to make original research more accessible.
- Webinar on “ Advances in the detection of high-performance DNA damage using CometAssay® and CometChip® technologies ”.
- Access to the RefWorks end-user training session recording (by Exlibris). For any questions, please check this website.
- Video session held on April 22, Webex IEEE Update: IEEE eLearning Library and your access to IEEE
Remember that the BUA staff is working from home. You can contact through different means